Action Against Hunger (Action Against Hunger (ACF) in French) is a global humanitarian organization which originated in France and is committed to ending world hunger . The organization helps malnourished children while providing safe and sustainable water solutions.
In 2014, Action Against Hunger worked in 49 different countries around the world with more than 6,000 employees and volunteers helping 13.6 million people in need. 
Action Against Hunger was established in 1979 by a group of French doctors, scientists, and writers. Nobel Prize-winning physicist Alfred Kastler served as the organization’s first chairman.
The group INITIALLY Provided support to Afghan Refugees in Pakistan , famine-stricken Ugandan communities, and Cambodian Refugees in Thailand . It was expanded to address additional humanitarian concerns in Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, the Balkans and elsewhere during the 1980s and 1990s. Action Against Hunger’s Scientific Committee pioneered the therapeutic milk formula ( F100 ), now used by all major humanitarian organizations to treat acute malnutrition . As a result, the global mortality rate has decreased from 25% to 5%. A few years later, the therapeutic milk has been repackaged as ready-to-use therapeutic foods (RUTFs), a peanut-based paste packaged like a power bar. These bars allow for the treatment of malnutrition at home, and do not require any preparation or refrigeration.
The international network currently has headquarters in five countries – France , Spain , the United States , Canada , and the UK . Its areas of work include nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, and advocacy. 
Action Against Hunger saves lives by preventing, detecting and treating severe malnutrition, particularly in emergency and conflict situations. The organization has an integrated approach with various sectors of intervention:
- Nutrition and Health
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Food Security & Livelihoods
- Emergency Response
Against Hunger Restaurants
Action Against Hunger partners with global food and beverage industry leaders. Each year, several campaigns are run by the network to raise funds and support the organization’s programs: Restaurants Against Hunger and Love Food Food.  
Countries of intervention
In 2017, Action Against Hunger International Network is present in 51 countries: 
Burkina Faso , Burundi , Cameroon , Ivory Coast , Djibouti , Ethiopia , Kenya , Liberia , Malawi , Madagascar , Mali , Mauritania , Niger , Nigeria , Uganda , Central African Republic , Democratic Republic of Congo , Senegal , Sierra Leone , Somalia , South Sudan , Tanzania , Chad, Zimbabwe
Bangladesh , Myanmar , Cambodia , India , Indonesia , Mongolia , Nepal , Pakistan , Philippines
South Caucasus , Turkey , Ukraine
Afghanistan , Azerbaijan , Egypt , Lebanon , Syria , Palestinian Occupied Territories, Yemen , Jordan , Iraq
Colombia , Guatemala , Nicaragua , Paraguay , Peru
Action Against Hunger International Network
Since 1995 Action Against Hunger developed an international network to have a bigger global impact.
The Network has 5 headquarters in the world: France , Spain , United Kingdom , the United States and Canada .
Action Against Hunger also has a West Africa Regional Office (WARO) located in Dakar, a training center in Nairobi and 5 logistic platforms (Lyon, Paris, Barcelona, Dubai, Panama).
This network increases the human and financial capacities and enables a specialization per headquarter.
- Action Against Hunger in France, Spain and the USA are the operational headquarters: they manage the interventions directly on the field. In order to maximize efficiency and coherence, these three operational headings under the principle of one headquarter per country of intervention.
- Action Against Hunger-UK focuses on research, monitoring and evaluation, particularly with Hunger Watch. This UK headquarters also plays an intermediary role with DFID.
- Action Against Hunger Canada raises public and private funds in North America and plays an increasing role on the national level.
- Jump up^ “Action Against Hunger Canada | Action Against Hunger” . actioncontrelafaim.ca . Retrieved 2017-07-27 .
- Jump up^ Desjeux, JF; Briend, A; Prudhon, C; Greletty, Y; Golden, MH. “Definition and evaluation of therapeutic food for severely malnourished children in situations of humanitarian emergencies”. Bull Acad Natl Med . 182 : 1679-90; discussion 1691-5. PMID 10188315 .
- Jump up^ http://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/en/our-missions
- Jump up^ Love Food Food – Action Against Hunger
- Jump up^ Against Hunger Restaurants | Action Against Hunger
- Jump up^ “Countries | Action Against Hunger” . www.actionagainsthunger.org . Retrieved 2017-07-27 .