Child United is an international relief organization with a focus on education. The volunteer-led humanitarian group also provides disaster relief assistance to countries in desperate need. Their main mission is to empower the poorest children in the developing world, believing that they will lead their family, their family and their community out of poverty.
History and organization
Child United began in Seattle on May 1, 2007. While in the Philippines in 2006, Seattle resident Christine Umayam was struck by the poverty she witnessed. After another trip the following year, she left her corporate job and founded the organization. 
In 2009, the organization expanded its focus after Typhoon Ketsana struck Asia. “When we found out that there was so much devastation in the Philippines,” said Umayam, “we just had to change our focus and put it out there for relief.”  The Congressional Medal of Honor FoundationSelected Child in the United States of America in the United States of America. Although it has not been awarded, the Foundation says that it is a child who is susceptible to sex trafficking and child labor, by sponsoring children who wants to learn, and by learning learning centers. ” 
Disaster relief services
Child United both funds and provides direct relief services to developing countries, since Typhoon Ketsana .
The group is standby Went to Provide Relief to disaster families left homeless by Typhoon Megi (2010) before it made landfall in the Philippines. Their relief operation began October 18 in the Philippines, with supplies already in-country being prepared for immediate delivery to the disaster site, and additional supplies prepared for shipment from the United States.  They received donations of towels, sheets, toiletries (shampoos, toothpaste, etc.) and canned goods. 
The group raised funds for the victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake , hosting a benefit and sending the funds to Haiti for disaster relief. 
Child United funds and / or operates several programs to promote education in third world countries.  The organization partners with schools and orphanages in Asia, sending supplies and clothing to supporting the educational and physical needs of poor children,  arranges sponsorship of children in Asia, and fund the building of learning centers overseas. 
- Jump up^ “Child United: Who We Are” . www.childunited.org . Child United . Retrieved November 12, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Local Relief Grows For Devastated Areas After Philippines Hit By Another Typhoon” . KCPQ 13 Fox . Broadcasting Tribune. October 4, 2009. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011 . Retrieved October 29, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Recipients & Finalists” . citizenservicebeforeselfhonors.org . Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation. Archived from the original on July 8, 2012 . Retrieved March 28, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Disaster Relief Operations” . www.childunited.org . Child United . Retrieved October 22, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Local Non-Profit On Standby For Disaster Relief As ‘Super’ Typhoon Hits SE Asia” . www.q13fox.com . Broadcasting Tribune. October 18, 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011 . Retrieved October 20, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Benefit in Renton Saturday at Harambee to help Haitian quake victims” . Renton Reporter . Sound Publishing. January 15, 2010 . Retrieved November 12, 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Child United: What We Do” . www.childunited.org . Child United . Retrieved November 12, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Larin, Lindsay (July 6, 2009). “Bellevue Residences Vacation Rentals to Give Back” . beautifulvuereporter.com . Bellevue Reporter . Retrieved October 29, 2010 .