Cord is a peacebuilding charity working with people and communities affected by violent conflict in Africa and Asia. Established in 1967 and located in Leamington Spa , UK , Cord works by “carrying out practical work linking poverty and promoting social cohesion to build peace, working with people and communities of all faiths or none”. 
Peacebuilding projects include water and sanitation, education, women’s empowerment  and capacity building .
The organization currently operates in Burundi , Cambodia , Chad , Laos  and Myanmar , with the support of the British Government , the European Union and the United Nations , schools, churches, trusts, companies .
Cordes took part in gathering support for the victims of the Darfur conflict and are still working on 250,000 Sudanese who are living in the refugee camps of Eastern Chad .
Cord’s Ambassador is BBC Midlands Today Present, Sarah Falkland . The charity’s patrons include British Member of Parliament Chris White  and author Gillian Cross .  Cord’s Chief Executive is Mark Simmons. Cord is a member of People in Aid , a global network of development and humanitarian assistance agencies. 
- Jump up^ “Cord Annual Review 2012” (PDF) . Cord.
- Jump up^ “Cord | One in three is one too many” . Cord.
- Jump up^ “Cord Asia’s Organizational Profile” (PDF) . Cord.
- Jump up^ “Cord | In News from Myanmar” . Cord.
- Jump up^ “Chris White MP” . Conservatives.com.
- Jump up^ “Leamington Charity New Gillian Cross novel” . Leamington Observer. Archived from the original on 2014-06-17.
- Jump up^ “Connections: People in Aid” . Cord. Archived from the original on 2011-03-09.