DEMIRA , or Deutsche Minenräumer e. V. ( German mine clearers ), is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Germany. DEMIRA was founded in 1996 in order to provide humanitarian mine clearance, EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal), and the relief of natural disasters and civil unrest.
DEMIRA has made out:
- Humanitarian mine clearance , EOD and destruction of unexploded ordnance (UXO) in Angola , Mozambique , Namibia , and Bosnia & Herzegovina .
- Provided emergency medical aid and disaster relief after the Tsunami in Sri Lanka, in the earthquake region of Kashmir / Pakistan, during the conflict in Lebanon, in the earthquake region in Java / Indonesia and in the Tohoku region in Japan after it was hit by a Tsunami .
- Carried out minefield surveys and assessments in Somaliland, Lebanon, Croatia, Serbia and Turkey.
- Conduct Research and Development of Multi-sensor Technology and Mechanical Mine Clearance in Cooperation with the Research Center of the European Commission in Ispra / Italy, FOERSTER Reutlingen, TNO Netherlands and EMRAD England.
- Ottawa Treaty
- List of mine clearance agencies