The Global Humanitarian Forum was a non-profit foundation in Geneva , Switzerland, active from 2007 to 2010. United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan , its secretariat was established by Meinrad Studer, assigned by the SDC. CEO and Director General Walter Fust . The Forum is intended to serve as an independent platform for debate and collaboration on global humanitarian issues. Its activities include research projects, advocacy and projects to deal with humanitarian concerns.
The organization encountered serious financial diffulties due to which the Forum had to dismiss its staff in March 2010.   On 31 March 2010 the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs announced that the Forum was over-indebted and obliged to cease its activity. 
The Forum’s centerpiece event, the Annual Forum, was held in Geneva. It gathered some 400 senior international participants from public, private and non-governmental sectors.
Other Forum projects included:
- The ‘ tck tck tck ‘ campaign was created by the Global Humanitarian Forum and strategic communications partner Havas Worldwide / Euro RSCG. The Copenhagen Climate Conference ( COP15 ). The Copenhagen Climate Conference ( COP15 ) is one of the world’s most important organizations for climate change and climate change . The Forum and Havas launched their own ‘Time to Climate Justice ‘ tck tck tck tckcampaign on June 2009 at the 56th Cannes International Advertising Festival. The ‘tck tck tck’ symbol communicates a sense of urgency as time goes on to the start of the climate change itself. All ‘tck tck tck’ is open source and its creative is encouraged.
- The Weather Info for All Initiativewas a public-private partnership that supported adaptation to climate change by strengthening the capabilities of National Meteorological Services. The Initiative harnesses the growth of telecommunications services to install weather stations at mobile network sites across the African continent. These locations are ideal for providing connectivity, power and security. The automatic weather stations are helping to reduce the impact of weather forecasting and the weather forecasting. (SMS), thus aiming to help those affected by it, and most vulnerable to the effects of climate change . Strategic partners include The Earth Institute at Columbia University, Ericsson,
- The Youth Forum was a platform for young people to come together and help solve humanitarian problems.
- The Human Impact Report was a major research project launched in May 2009. The resulting report has been widely criticized upon its publication.  The first flagship research publication of the Forum, it was intended to be the first report comprehensively documenting the adverse impacts of climate change on human society. It was reviewed by a panel of climate change experts Including Such As Saleemul Huq and Hans Schellnhuber , and development and disaster management experts Such As Nitin Desai , Jeffrey Sachs and Margareta Wahlström. The ratio of the total loss of life and the impact of climate change is estimated to be as high as 300,000 people per year. 
- Energy for the Poor is a project for launching a global study of the energy needs of the world, with the Energy Resources Institute, India (TERI). 
- Drylands: Climate Change and Development was one of the most climate-stressed regions of the planet, together with the Earth Institute at Columbia University New York. 
The Foundation Board
The Foundation Board was the supreme governing body of the Forum, composed of senior members of the academic, business, government, international, and civil society fields. Members included:
- Kofi Annan , President
- Ivan Pictet , Vice President
- Catherine Bertini
- Lakhdar Brahimi
- Michel Camdessus
- Mary Chinery-Hesse
- Jan Egeland
- Jacques Forster
- Goh Kee Nguan
- Rita Hauser
- Princess Haya bint Al Hussein
- Dean Hirsch
- Alois Hirschmugl
- Hans Küng
- Ricardo Lagos
- Dante Martinelli
- Rajendra Pachauri
- Mary Robinson
- Judith Rodin
- Jean-Louis Schiltz
- Amartya Sen
- Barbara Stocking
- Marianna Vardinoyannis
- James Wolfensohn
- Muhammad Yunus
- Official website
- Tck Tck Time for Climate Justice campaign website
- Youth Forum website
- Youth Forum Community Portal
- COP 15 website
- Jump up^ “The Time (Geneva)” (in French). March 17, 2010.
- Jump up^ “TicinoNews.ch” (in Italian). March 17, 2010.
- Jump up^ http://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home/recent/media/single.html?id=32496
- Jump up^ time.com:”Critics have huffed that the report features more guesswork than science, ridiculing a calculation that factors in the frequency of earthquakes to global warming impact on weather disasters (the authors do concede a “significant margin of error” ). ” source:http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1902687,00.html
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” (PDF) . Archived from the original (PDF) on April 10, 2011 . Retrieved 10 November 2009 .
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^