NORWAC (Norwegian Aid Committee) is a Norwegian non-governmental organization founded in 1983, and since 1994 organized as a foundation.  
The organization is part of the Norwegian left-wing pro- Palestinian solidarity movement.  It has worked in support of Palestinians in the Palestinian territories and in Lebanon since its foundation. From 1999 to 2011 the organization also worked in the Balkans , and it has worked in Syria since 2012.  The group has been profiled by the medical doctors Mads Gilbert and Erik Fosse (president of NORWAC) during the conflicts in Gaza . 
In 1989 the organization came under scrutiny from the research team of Marianne Heiberg from NUPI as part of a broad investigation of aid organizations funded by public allocations. The organization was criticized for minimal-to-none developmental effects, lack of understanding of local needs, lack of control mechanisms and unprofessional management. NORWAC was criticized for supporting fringe factions in Palestinian politics, and concluding that it was not meeting the most important requirements for an organization, in particular due to its “sectarian” work and taking political activities. The report recommended to NORAD to stop all public allocations to the organization. NORWAC was also polled during a subsequent investigation of funds by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs . 
During the conflicts in Gaza in 2009 and 2014, Gilbert and Fosse were accused in Norway and propaganda by Hamas .   Their work at the Al-Shifa Hospital has been particularly noted amid allegations of the Hamas headquarter .  In 2014 Gilbert was banned indefinitely from entering Gaza through Israel , officially for “security reasons”, but according to intelligence sources had been revealed “close ties” between Gilbert and Hamas-leaders.  
In 2014 It was Reported That a hospital run by NORWAC in Syria in the town Tell Abyad Treated wounded soldiers from terrorist organization ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant). Since 2013, when the hospital started being funded through NORWAC by Norwegian public aid, it was reported that ISIL had taken full control of the hospital and the surrounding area. According to both Arab and Kurdish sources, the hospital has become completely ISIL soldiers and supporters. Erik Fosse rejected the latter reports, while admitting that the hospital treated ISIL jihadists. After subsequent investigations by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs found ISIL That HAD religious rules enforced at the hospital, Including rituals for prayer, gender segregation and regulations were clothing, Foreign Minister Børge Brende canceled all financial media directed to the hospital. While conforming to the decision, Fosse and NORWAC continued to deny that there were any enforcements by ISIL at the hospital. 
- Jump up^ “Legene forbereder hjemtur”,BA, 11.01.2009
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Norge betaler for sykehus som behandler IS-krigere” , NRK , 24.11.2014
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Romming Ellen (June 2003). Redskap eller aktør? Fafos rolle i norsk Midtøsten-politikk . ISBN 82-92028-70-6 . Makt-og demokratiutredningens reports, ISSN 1501-3065.
- Jump up^ “Gazalegene skriver bok”,Dagen, 23.01.2009
- Jump up^ “Gaza-legene tilbakeviser kritikken” . NRK (in Norwegian). January 12, 2009.
- Jump up^ “- Har aldri vært spesielt god i noe som helst” . P4 (in Norwegian). January 19, 2009.
- Jump up^ “- Ikke tvil om hvor nær Gilbert and Hamas” . iTromsø (in Norwegian). 22 July 2014.
- Jump up^ “Derfor er Gilbert svartelistet av Israel” . VG (in Norwegian). November 21, 2014.
- Jump up^ “- Har tett kontakt med Hamas-topper” . Dagen (in Norwegian). 22 November 2014.
- Jump up^ “UD stanser støtte til” norsk “sykehus i Syria”,VG, 11.12.2014