The ONE Campaign is an international, nonpartisan , non-profit , advocacy and campaigning organization that fights extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa , by raising public awareness and influencing political leaders to support policies and programs that are saving lives and improving futures. 
In 2015, ONE raised $ 50 million. 
ONE was founded in 2004 by a coalition of 11 non-profit humanitarian and advocacy organizations, including DATA , World Vision , Oxfam America , and Bread for the World , with funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation . In 2007, ONE announced that it would be merging with DATA.
It is a membership organization of nearly 8 million people worldwide. 
ONE Organizes and mobilizes supporters ict into a lobbying strength Pressures That world leaders to Implement policies That Support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and benefit Those Who live in circumstances of extreme poverty around the globe. 
ONE supports a broad range of international development issues, including the fight against treatable and preventable diseases like HIV / AIDS , malaria , and tuberculosis ; access to clean water and expanded access to energy; lessening Corruption and Improving transparency standards and government accountability to citoyens; making trade fairer; providing basic education for all; and increasing the international affairs budgets. 
One was founded by 11 organizations: Bread for the World , CARE , DATA , International Medical Corps , International Rescue Committee , Mercy Corps , Oxfam America, USA Plan , Save the Children US, World Concern , and World Vision .
The name is one of the world’s leading business leaders, activists, faith leaders and students – can change the world for the better. 
The official launch was held on May 16, 2004, at Liberty Mall in Philadelphia , USA. Approximately 2,000 people attended, including Bono , Dikembe Mutombo , Michael W. Smith , Richard Stearns (president of World Vision ), and David Beckmann (president of Bread for the World ). 
In December 2004, ONE announced a $ 3 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation .  Corresponding with this announcement, Mark McKinnon , an adviser to the United States President Bush, and Mike McCurry , an adviser to the Kerry Campaign, appeared in CNN’s Inside Politics with Judy Woodruff in support of ONE. 
In 2008, ONE merged with DATA . The CEO was CEO David J. Lane  to join the Obama administration .  Former editor of Time magazine, CEO Michael Elliott, led ONE from 2011 until early 2016, and was ONE’s Senior Strategic Advisor until his passing in July 2016.  Members of the Board of Directors include [ when? ] Bono , Sheryl Sandberg , Aliko Dangote , Dr. Mo Ibrahim , and Heleyne Gayle . [ quote needed ]Members of ONE’s African Policy Advisory Board include [ when? ] Angelica Kidjo , Archbishop Njongonkulu Ndungane , John Githongo , Paul Collier , and Amadou Mahtar Ba . [ quote needed ]
During the 2008 US presidential election , the organization launched a campaign, called ONE Vote ’08, which was co-chaired by US Senate’s leading leaders Tom Daschle (D-SD) and Bill Frist (R-TN). [ citation needed ] Since 2009, ONE has run a series of ONE Voting campaigns around national elections, including ONE VOTE 2010  in the United Kingdom, ONE Vote 2012 in both France,  and ONE Vote 2012 and ONE Vote 16 ‘in the United States. 
In 2010, the Gates Foundation’s Living Proof Project became part of ONE. 
In 2011, ONE and (RED) partnered for World AIDS Day and brought together US President Barack Obama , George W. Bush , Bill Clinton , Tanzanian President Kikwete , and others at an event in Washington, DC In 2012 ONE acquired (RED) as a division of ONE.
One has a focus on ‘Factivism’ (fact-based activism), as referenced in Bono’s 2013 TED talk.  As such much of their attention is currently being placed on the heart of development, which makes progress difficult to track.
In 2014, ONE’s “Trillion Dollar Scandal” report was released. It suggests that $ 1 trillion leaves developing countries each year through various forms of corrupt activity.  Since the release of the report, more than 50,000 people have signed a petition asking for a vote. Fair Play Standard  – a set of measures that would help promote transparency and reduce money flowing outwards a result of corrupt activity.
In 2015, ONE collected signatures for Angela Merkel and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma , urging them to focus on women in the G7 in Germany and the AU in South Africa, respectively, in order to set the priorities in development funding before a UN summit in September 2015 that would establish new development goals for the generation.  The Following people signed the open letter: Ali Hewson , Angelique Kidjo , Beyoncé , Charlize Theron , Christy Turlington , Danai Gurira , Helene Gayle , Lady Gaga ,Lauren Bush , Mabel van Oranje , Dr. Maria Furtwangler , Meryl Streep , Michele Sullivan (president of the Caterpillar Foundation, director of Corporate Social Innovation), Naisula Lesuuda (senator, Kenya), Rita Wilson , Rosamund Pike , Sheryl Sandberg , Sarah Silverman , and Yvonne Chaka Chaka . 
In March 2015, ONE launched a report titled “Poverty is Sexist”, which is the most seriously affected by poverty.  The ‘Strong Girl’, which featured prominent female musicians from seven African countries including Kenya ‘s Victoria Kimani , South Africa’ s Judith Sephuma and Mozambique ‘s Gambela, alongside Nigerian actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde .  It was nominated for ‘Best African Collaboration’ in the All Africa Music Awards . 
The “Poverty is Sexist” campaign for women in the world to pose for a “#Strengthie” – a selfie in the pose of Rosie the Riveter , ” We Can Do It! ” Poster – and post it online support of girls and women. Malala Yousafzai’s Teenage Activist and Partner Campaign Posted to #strengthie from the Malala Campaign Twitter to show her support. 
On World AIDS Day , December 1, 2015, ONE and (RED) hosted a night of music at Carnegie Hall in New York to celebrate the 15 million people on life-saving anti-retroviral drugs compared to 700,000 in 2000, and to encourage the The world of HIV / AIDS and other preventable diseases as one of the Sustainable Development Goals . The event, which also marked ONE ‘s 10th Anniversary, was hosted by The Daily Show ‘ s Trevor Noah and featured performances from Miley Cyrus , Hozier , Jessie J , Bono and The Edge . 
During 2015, ONE Worked with partners at Action / 2015 and Project Everyone to Promote the New Global Goals for Sustainable Development around the world so citoyens can hold leaders to account in Delivering em by 2030. 
On International Women’s Day 2016, One of the most influential HIV infections in the world, a new report for young people across Africa.  It also lists the 20 worst countries to be a girl, based on a number of factors in the number of years, a girl attends school, the proportion of women who have paid work related to men and the likelihood of a woman dying during childbirth.  On International Women’s Day 2017, ONE released has reported that 130 million girls are currently out of school. It claims that the number of girls is in need of urgently addressed. 
The campaign involved an open letter signed by several high-profile celebrity activists; Including Meryl Streep , Oprah Winfrey , Amy Poehler , Tina Fey , Elton John , Colin Farrell , Mary J. Blige and Shonda Rhimes .  The letter was addressed to world leaders, asking them to put women at the top of the development agenda in order to overcome extreme poverty by 2030 as per the Sustainable Development Goals . It also asks for more data on females across the globe, to make sure the world can be tracked. 
In March 2017, Gayle Smith was named president and CEO of the ONE Campaign. 
One uses a number of highly visible methods to reach out to the general public, promote its message, and encourage advocacy actions. One does not ask for public donations, stating: “We’re not asking for your money, we’re asking for your voice.” 
Celebrity spokespeople are used to speaking to the media and undertaking trips to the world. ONE also uses its celebrity supporters for video ads that are released on YouTube .
One is a large Internet -based campaign and therefore has multiple online communities . In addition to using Facebook , ONE has a significant presence on Twitter , Instagram and YouTube .
One works with volunteer campaigners in its different markets to raise awareness and lobby governments to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease. ONE Youth Ambassadors are selected from Ireland, UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and Italy to support its grassroots mobilization and advocacy goals across Europe. One champions work to advance ONE’s goals in Africa through lobbying, campaigning, and awareness raising. In the United States and Canada, ONE field organizers coordinate campaigning efforts, lobby members of Congress and Parliament, and host community awareness events. On campuses across the US, ONE Campus chapters are run by students who mobilize their peers to participate in ONE’s advocacy campaigns. ONE Campus chapters aim at teaches about extreme poverty and encourage members to campaign for lifesaving investments and US development policies. 
Legislation [ better source needed ]
In the United States, ONE annoncé ict media for the Electrify Africa Act of 2013 (HR 2548, 113th Congress) , a bill That live Would the President to suit les a multiyear strategy to assist countries in sub-Saharan Africa Develop an Appropriate mix of power solutions to provide sufficient electricity access to people living in rural and urban areas in alleviate poverty and drive economic growth.  ONE said that “this legislation is a bold vision for US engagement in the energy sector in Africa.” 
On February 8, 2016, the Electrify Africa Act was signed into law by President Obama. One of the members of the United States has helped us to achieve this goal by hosting events, signing and delivering petitions (360,000 names collected and delivered across all US states) and tweeting their support to politicians.  Senator Chris Coons thanked for their support in raising the profile of the bill. 
ONE HAS Worked with Publish What You Pay and a coalition of other non-government organizations  around the Cardin-Lugar Amendment and the passing of extractive transparency laws in the United States and Europe. 
In 2014, over 22,000 UK-based members wrote to their MPs in support of investing 0.7 of Gross National Income to international aid. In June, Liberal Democrat MP Michael Moore used his Private Member’s Bill to enshrine the law, making the UK the first country to meet the target. 
ONE has-been Criticized  for ict response to a book by African economist Dambisa Moyo , Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa ,  qui Was published in January 2009. Moyo accusé ONE of mischaracterizing her views. She says that she is against only government aid, not “their kind of aid”.  In June 2009 Dambisa Moyo Told form US Republican presidential speech writer Peter Robinson During a Hoover Institute sponsored Uncommon Knowledge Interview That “the harshest thing That HAS happened [in terms of responses to her 2009 book Dead Aid], Bono ‘s and Bob Geldof ‘ s organization, called One, who ‘ve had to go back to the book, about what the theses of the book were, launched a very vitriolic attack against me. To the Point That They Were calling organisms ahead of my meetings and media appointments and feels a letter to African NGOsclaiming, Basically, painting me as a genocidal maniac try trying to kill African babies. In other words, trying to get Africans to be against me. To me, that was not really fostering dialogue. ” 
In September 2010, it was reported that ONE used only 1.2% of their funds for charitable causes. In response, ONE pointed out that this is not its purpose; it does not provide programs on the ground but instead is an advocacy campaign for their funding. The organization was not fundraising or accepting donations, and was receiving most of its funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. 
- ^ Jump up to:a Froelich B , Paula (2017-11-12). “Inside Bono’s boundless hypocrisy”. New York Post . Retrieved 2017-12-02 .
- Jump up^ Buston, Olly. “Bono’s ONE Campaign – we do not waste money” . The Week .
- Jump up^ “Bono: I Will Follow” . Forbes.com . Retrieved 2016-03-24 .
- Jump up^ “Historic Launch Press Release” . Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- Jump up^ “Bono Urges Western Governments To Fight Poverty, AIDS, Debt In Africa At The University of Pennsylvania” . Kaiser Health News . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- Jump up^ “Bono’s war on poverty and AIDS” . CBS News .
- Jump up^ “Saworship” .
- Jump up^ “ONE Campaign Announces National Effort To Mobilize Americans in Support of Global AIDS and Poverty Helping Fight”, theBill and Melinda Gates Foundationwebsite. Retrieved August 9, 2007.
- Jump up^ “CNN.com – Transcripts” .
- Jump up^ “One Campaign and Data to Merge”Press release from Data.org,[ clarification needed ]October 27, 2007.
- Jump up^ Kamen, Al (February 26, 2011). “Obama staff shuffle kicks into high gear” . The Washington Post .
- Jump up^ Luscombe, Belinda. “Former International Editor of Michael Elliott’s Time Dies at 65” . TIME.com . Retrieved 2016-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Advocacy group One launches online election campaign on global poverty | Katine” . London: www.guardian.co.uk. April 14, 2010 . Retrieved August 19, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Guillaume Grosso: Our second test: François Hollande” . www.huffingtonpost.com . Retrieved August 19, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Bernie Sanders Responds To ONE Vote ’16” . 2016-02-09 . Retrieved 2016-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Foundation Transitions the Living Project Proof to ONE” . Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. August 2010 . Retrieved October 24, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Bono, The good news on poverty (Yes, there’s good news) , retrieved 2016-09-22
- Jump up^ “Trillion Dollar Scandal – the biggest heist you’ve ever heard of | Left Foot Forward” . leftfootforward.org . Retrieved 2016-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “Leading economists lobby world leaders over ‘inequality’ of tax havens – BelfastTelegraph.co.uk . Retrieved 2016-09-22 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Tracy McVeigh. “Poverty is sexist: leading women for life and style”. The Guardian . Retrieved 2015-05-08 .
- Jump up^ “For Women Empowerment, Omotola Teams Up With ONE Campaign” . www.ngrguardiannews.com . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Female African musicians unite in ‘Poverty is Sexist’ campaign” . Reuters . 2015-05-13 . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- Jump up^ AFRIMA. “AFRIMA Out With Final 2015 Nominees List; Sarkodie, VVIP, Wiyaala, Others Nominated” . Modern Ghana . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- Jump up^ Leeds, Sarene. “Bono, Miley Cyrus, Trevor Noah Honor World AIDS Day at Carnegie Hall” . WSJ . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- Jump up^ “Freuds heads agencies launching UN’s Global Goals campaign today | PR Week” . www.prweek.com . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- Jump up^ “Meryl Streep, Amy Poehler and Elton John pen letter to world leaders to ‘end gender inequality ‘ ‘ . The Telegraph . Retrieved 2016-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “Poverty is sexist: where life is toughest for girls” . Financial Times . Retrieved 2016-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “Leaving No One Behind: How do you go to universal primary and secondary education?” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ “ONE Campaign launches #GirlsCount to shed light on girls’ education crisis” . Global News . Retrieved 2017-03-29 .
- Jump up^ “Meryl Streep, Oprah Winfrey, Tina Fey Among Long List of Hollywood Heavyweights to Open Letter Calling Sign for Gender Equality” . PEOPLE.com . Retrieved 2016-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “Poverty is sexist One Campaign open letter” . www.the-pool.com . Retrieved 2016-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “Gayle Smith named President and CEO of The ONE Campaign | InsideNGO” . www.insidengo.org . Retrieved 2017-03-30 .
- Jump up^ “Join the fight against extreme poverty” . ONE . Retrieved August 19,2013 .
- Jump up^ “Youth Ambassadors call on world leaders to fight for their future” . EurActiv.com . Retrieved 2016-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “ONE Campus Challenge Puts Students at the Center of Poverty-Fighting Movement” . Retrieved 2016-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “HR 2548 – Summary” . United States Congress . Retrieved 6 May2014 .
- Jump up^ “Electrifying Africa” . ONE . Retrieved 7 May 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Corker’s Congress Passes Bipartisan Bill To Expand Access To Sub-Saharan Electricity Across Africa” . Retrieved 2016-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “Cardin, Applace Senators Electrify Africa Bill Becoming Law” . Afro . 2016-02-08 . Retrieved 2016-03-17 .
- Jump up^ “New transparency laws could help millions, says Publish What You Pay – Global Witness” .
- Jump up^ “Landmark Extractive Industry Transparency Law in United States Congress | EarthRights International” . EarthRights . Retrieved August 19, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Anderson, Mark (2015-03-09). “UK passes bill to honor pledge of 0.7% foreign aid target” . The Guardian . ISSN 0261-3077 . Retrieved 2016-03-10 .
- Jump up^ “Dead Aid, Live Debate by Kevin Williamson on National Review Online” . article.nationalreview.com. April 13, 2009 . Retrieved August 9,2009 .
- Jump up^ “Dead Aid – Dambisa Moyo – Penguin Books” . Penguin.co.uk . Retrieved August 9, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Bono, Beware: Dambisa Moyo on Aid, Microfinance, and the Problem of Celebs in Africa | The Inquisition | Fast Company” . Fast Company <!. April 1, 2009 . Retrieved August 9, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Africa with Dambisa Moyo” ArchivedOctober 7, 2009, at theWayback Machine..Peter Robinson. Hoover Institute. June 12, 2009. Timestamp: 33: 35-34: 15.
- Jump up^ “Bono’s ONE foundation under fire for giving little over 1% of funds to charity” . Daily Mail . London. September 23, 2010.